The upcoming income tax changes proposed by the Finance Minister could severely impact small business owners.
Get an in-depth look at the issues in a new podcast created by Innovator’s Alliance Chapter Sponsor, Integrity Wealth Management. It’s a roundtable discussion featuring a local tax lawyer and accountant, as well as the Federal Director of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation.
Here’s an excerpt from the podcast: “People are going to be investing their corporate funds; they’re going to see a nice portfolio in there, a nice income, but what they might not realize is when they pull the money out its going to be subject to an extremely high rate of tax. And they’re going to have to adjust their financial plans to take that into account.”
It’s important for all Canadian business owners and entrepreneurs to understand these proposed changes and the effects they may have. For example, these taxes could restrain Canadian business innovation and growth, as finances become more limited for small business owners.
You can view the full tax consultation paper here, on the Department of Finance website.
Innovators Alliance is a peer-to-peer networking group of CEOs committed to driving business growth through innovation. Be our guest at one of our upcoming events!
Is your company innovative? Try our Innovator Self-Test. It has only 10 questions and takes less than 2 minutes!
Like this? You might also like:
- It’s Time to Make Diversity a Hiring Priority
- Isn’t it time to start thinking outside the cliché?
- 5 Ways Innovation Helps You to Scale Your Business
- Take Your Company to the Next Level in 2018 with the Power of Business-to-Business Networking! - January 12, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Innovators Alliance! - December 19, 2017
- Embedding Corporate Social Purpose in 2018 - December 15, 2017
- Check Out Our NEW “Innovation Self-Assessment”! - November 23, 2017
- Register for an Evening with Innovators 2017 - November 7, 2017
- Engage All Employees in Thinking Like Entrepreneurs - October 26, 2017
- Don’t Miss This Podcast Discussing the Impact of Upcoming Proposed Tax Changes on Business Owners - September 25, 2017
- 5 Ways Innovation Helps You to Scale Your Business - August 1, 2017
- Is Attitude Obstructing Innovation for Canadian Businesses? - May 30, 2017
- Join Us at Fresh Thinking Shared 2017 on June 13th! - May 16, 2017