Are you interested in learning how any business can develop an innovative social purpose?
Join a select group of business leaders for an evening of innovative thinking with a dialogue featuring Stephen Tapp, Deputy Chief Economist at Export Development Canada, and our keynote speaker, Julielynn Wong, Physician-Scientist, Innovator and Educator, and social purpose pioneer who has been internationally recognized as a 3D printing, drone, robotics, telemedicine, and digital health pioneer.
The event will begin with Stephen’s views on recent economic developments and the implications for Ontario’s outlook going forward.
Next will be a networking reception, giving you the opportunity to meet and connect with your peers. You’ll make valuable business connections, meet Innovators Alliance members, and learn the benefits of joining Ontario’s leading CEO network.
Following this, you will enjoy dinner and hear from our keynote speaker, Julielynn Wong. From the unique perspective of a leading physician, scientist, and innovator, Julielynn examines rapidly emerging, game-changing, and converging technology trends, how these are transforming society, and how these changes will be interpreted in our everyday lives.
- Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Time: 12:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Place: Living Arts Centre, 4141 Living Arts Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, L5B 4B8 – click here for a map.
Stephen Tapp, Deputy Chief Economist at Export Development Canada (EDC)
Stephen oversees EDC’s global economic and export forecast as well as the research program for the Corporate Research Department. Before joining EDC, Stephen was a Research Director at the Institute for Research on Public Policy, where he managed the International Trade and Global Commerce research program. His research has been published in academic journals such as the Canadian Journal of Economics and Canadian Public Policy.
Stephen has a Ph.D. in economics from Queen’s University and an Honours degree from Western University. He sits on the board of the Ottawa Economics Association.
Julielynn Wong, Physician-Scientist, Innovator, Educator, and Founder at 3D4MD
Julielynn Wong’s life mission is to take technology to the extreme to benefit the world. She uses cutting-edge technology to deliver healthcare solutions across diverse environments, from outer space to remote communities with limited access to healthcare resources. She was the first to 3D print medical supplies on the International Space Station and she designed a solar-powered ultra-portable 3D printing system that can make medical supplies in remote, off-grid communities.
Don’t miss out on this exciting Evening with Innovators—click here to register for the event.
Join the conversation online by tagging @innovatorsalnc and using the hashtags #EWI2017 and #InnovationOnPurpose.
Innovators Alliance is a peer-to-peer business networking group committed to driving growth through innovation. Get in touch with us today to learn more!
Is your company innovative? Try our Innovator Self-Test. It has only 10 questions and takes less than 2 minutes!
Like this? You might also like:
- Engage All Employees in Thinking Like Entrepreneurs
- Don’t Miss This Podcast Discussing the Impact of Upcoming Proposed Tax Changes on Business Owners
- It’s Time to Make Diversity a Hiring Priority
- Register for an Evening with Innovators 2017 - November 7, 2017
- Engage All Employees in Thinking Like Entrepreneurs - October 26, 2017
- Don’t Miss This Podcast Discussing the Impact of Upcoming Proposed Tax Changes on Business Owners - September 25, 2017
- 5 Ways Innovation Helps You to Scale Your Business - August 1, 2017
- Is Attitude Obstructing Innovation for Canadian Businesses? - May 30, 2017
- Join Us at Fresh Thinking Shared 2017 on June 13th! - May 16, 2017
- Canadian Federal Budget 2017 Focuses on Business Innovation (Good News for Ontario SMEs!) - May 2, 2017
- 5 Strategy Questions to Ask to Discover WHERE You Need to Innovate - March 7, 2017
- New Video! What Is Innovation and What Does Innovators Alliance Do? - February 23, 2017
- History Reveals Innovation Needs Play [TED Talk Video] - January 5, 2017